Data collection for PSG was standardized among various manufactured instruments by use of standardized collection and display montages. Each unit used for collection was certified before use to maximize signal quality integrity throughout the EDF conversion and import into Compumedics Profusion software used for scoring.
Signal and annotation files
Raw polysomnography data are available for 5,793 subjects at SHHS Visit 1 and 2,651 subjects at SHHS Visit 2. Each recording has a signal file (.EDF) and two versions of the event scoring and epoch staging annotations (.XML).
- EDF - Signal files in the European Data Format exported from Compumedics Profusion.
- XML (Profusion) - Annotation files exported from Compumedics Profusion. (Learn more...)
- XML (NSRR) - Annotation files processed in the EDF Editor and Translator tool.
NSRR XML files can be overlaid onto EDF signal files using the EDF Viewer tool. For more information about the XML translation (mapping) process, review the files available on the EDF Editor and Translator Releases page.
- Annotation file event counts may not always directly match the core datasets. SHHS data are more than 15 years old and there may have been conversion issues in a limited number of cases.
- Oxygen desaturation events from the annotation files may be absent and/or may not line up as anticipated with respiratory events. Original scoring data were indelibly changed when converting to a newer version of the scoring software that allowed for the creation of EDF/XML files. Users may opt to derive new desaturation events from the SaO2 signal.
History / changelog
- Change EDF recording dates from "00.00.00" (invalid) to "01.01.85" (valid de-identified date)
- Polysomnography data uploaded to sleepdata.org after exports from Compumedics Profusion
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the Forum if you have questions.